2013年10月11日星期五

FFXIV ARR Open Beta and Early Access Dates

Well it's official, FFXIV ARR Open Beta will officially start on August 17th, 2013! Early access will start August 24th and roll straight into launch without interruption.

As I've stated before, there are some things you will want to consider before you get started. For the current news and information I have not provided, simply go to the Live Letter thread and read the four glorious pages of updates. I am currently trying my best to keep up with information without my own internet connection. Since July 27th, I've been without an internet connection and have been loitering at places like Starbucks and using the odd insecure network around my apartment. So briefly, I will touch on a couple of notables:

1. Beta Phase 4 will start one day early, August 16th, for those of you who were already accepted to closed beta. This is a load of horse manure. I truly feel bad for those of you not lucky enough to get into closed beta, you lose twice now. It's hard not to see this as neglect. First you get denied for closed beta and now you get to sit on your hands for 24 hours watching us have fun... bum deal.

2. Beta Phase 4 is only 2 days long. WTF!? Ok, it's free for everybody and early access is only three days long. Does that make you guys happy? I feel like that's cheap for everyone. Short open beta and early access windows may be fair, but they certainly do NOT feel like a reward for our loyalty. The brief access makes it feel much more like they're merely throwing us a bone. Keeping us strung out is obviously good for the bottom line. Oh well, It will mean nothing in a few weeks, but I think it's a decision based more on board room politics and less on fan service.

3. The level cap for Beta Phase 4 is level 20. In closed beta the level cap was level 35, why change it? I am not one to complain, seeing I only got one class to level 35 during Phase 3 and that took me more than 2-3 days. It's very similar to the free version of World of Warcraft. Level 20 really doesn't give you much to go on, but on the other hand it's an industry standard. I know this will bother some of the harder core players out there and it seems unnecessary. One more decision which appears to be derived from business related motives and not fan service.

4. The Playstation 3 will be updated to have a screenshot ability! I can't tell you how nice that is to hear. I play on the PS3 and have been completely hamstrung when it comes to writing guides or even taking screenshots of content I want to write about. That is now solved as of Phase 4! Some of you have asked why I don't write some guides or other tutorials, that was the reason. It's hard to write a guide when you have to get your images by surfing Google Images. It's also been very taxing having to ask my friends to take my screenshots. I love them dearly, but photographers -- they are not. I can't wait to share with you my very own creations!

Early access codes can be registered  after August 20th. That's 12 days later than I thought, but that's what we get for not living in Japan I suppose. Things are moving along nicely! Arcanist will be available for Phase 4 and apparently Unicorn Mounts are a thing...

没有评论:

发表评论